SVI extracting data from simulations

Hello everybody!

I am working on a project where I need to estimate parameters comparing the data in a table with data extracted for a simulation program. This is an early stage of the project
The problem is Y = mobility(E, rho, eta).

Every time I calculate Y, I pass different values of E, rho and eta expecting to get closer and closer to the target signal.

In a first approach I did it analytically(with mathematical formulas) and it works beautifully. The model converges and the results are good. The problem is when I try to do it obtaining the data from the simulation program

I have checked that the problem is torch and numpy. With the analytical problem, all the operations are done with torch variables. E, rho and eta are tensors and the output Y is also a tensor. The gradient path works fine.
For the simulation program, I pass E, rho and eta as strings, ask for the simulation to run, and receive the output as a numpy array. Here is where the gradient path gets lost and does not fit or converge.

Do you know what can I do for not loosing the gradient track when I do de simulations?

Here the code

def model(x, y_obs):
    # Density definition
    rho_mean = pyro.param("rho_mean", torch.tensor(0.))
    rho_std = pyro.param("rho_std", torch.tensor(.1), constraint=constraints.positive)
    rho = pyro.sample("rho", dist.Normal(rho_mean, rho_std))
    # Damping loss factor definition
    eta_mean = pyro.param("eta_mean", torch.tensor(0.))
    eta_std = pyro.param("eta_std", torch.tensor(.1), constraint=constraints.positive)
    eta = pyro.sample("eta", dist.Normal(eta_mean, eta_std))
    # Young's modulus definition
    E_mean = pyro.param("E_mean", torch.tensor(0.))
    E_std = pyro.param("E_std", torch.tensor(.1), constraint=constraints.positive)
    E = pyro.sample("E", dist.Normal(E_mean, E_std))
    comsol = solveComsol(E, rho, eta, x)
    error = comsol - y_obs

with pyro.plate("data", len(y_obs)):
        y = pyro.sample("y", dist.Normal(error, 0.001), obs=torch.zeros(len(y_obs)))

posteriorValues.append(comsol)
    return y

def solveComsol(E, rho, eta):#, freq=10):
    # Update parameters
    modelComsol.parameter('youngs', str(E.item())+' [Pa]')
    modelComsol.parameter('density', str(rho.item())+' [kg/m^3]')
    modelComsol.parameter('eta', str(eta.item()))

# Solving comsol FEM
    modelComsol.solve("Study 2")
    comsolResults = abs(modelComsol.evaluate('comp1.point2', dataset="Probe Solution 2"))
    comsolResults = torch.tensor(comsolResults, requires_grad=True)
    return comsolResults

generally speaking if you run some non-pytorch piece of code and you want to use a gradient-based learning algorithm like SVI you need to implement custom gradients of any non-pytorch code