Size of label 'd' for operand 1 (4) does not match previous terms (2)

Hi~

My code behaves strangely, but i have no idea where the error comes from, please help me.

the code is as follows

if you run the code, it will prompt an error:Size of label ‘d’ for operand 1 (4) does not match previous terms (2), however, if you comment out the ‘prompt’ variable, it will give a Assertion error.
I guess there are conflicts between the two markovs, but why?
Thanks~

# %%
import pyro
import torch
import pyro.distributions as dist
from pyro.infer import SVI, Trace_ELBO, TraceEnum_ELBO, config_enumerate, infer_discrete, JitTraceEnum_ELBO
from pyro.ops.indexing import Vindex

class Agent:
    def __init__(self,
                 id
                 ):
        self.id = id

@config_enumerate
    def generative_model(self):

for T in pyro.markov(range(1)):
            cor_level_policy = pyro.sample('{}_cor_level_policy_{}'.format(self.id, T), dist.Categorical(
                probs=torch.ones(4)))
            cp=pyro.deterministic('current_policy',cor_level_policy)

for round in pyro.markov(range(1)):
            prompt = pyro.sample('{}_prompt_{}'.format(self.id, round), dist.Categorical(
                probs=torch.ones(2)))
            comm_type = pyro.sample('{}_comm_type_{}'.format(self.id, round), dist.Categorical(
                probs=torch.ones(2)))
            comm = pyro.sample('{}_comm_{}'.format(self.id, round), dist.Categorical(
                    probs=Vindex(torch.eye(4))[cp]))

def guide(self):
        pass

def comm(self):
        adam = pyro.optim.Adam({'lr': 0.01})
        elbo = pyro.infer.TraceEnum_ELBO(num_particles=1)
        svi = pyro.infer.SVI(self.generative_model, self.guide, adam, elbo)
        losses = []
        for step in range(10):
            loss = svi.step()
            logging.info("Elbo loss: {}".format(loss))
            losses.append(loss)

agents = {}
for id in range(2):
    agents[id] = Agent(id=id)
for id in range(2):
    foci_agent = agents[id]
    foci_agent.comm()

I did some research, and found that the problem occurs because i was using an enumerated varible inside a markov context as an index in the downstream code.
But i really need some specific time slice for determine downstream variable,
how can i avoid this problem?
Thanks~

Hi @yaow, As with your other models, I see no observation statements. Could you revise this as a more idiomatic Pyro model with both latent variables and observed variables, corresponding to the prior and likelihood, respectively?

Thanks!
My original model have real world meanings and observations, but to make the code easy to read i removed all irrelevant codes without interfereing the error, so i guess lacking observation node is not the cause of the problem.
I reexamined my code and found that it is not caused by conflict between two markov. I can reproduce the error but because we have an enumerated sample site which is set inside a markov context, and use it out side this sample site, which somewhat violate rule 2 in the enumeration tutorial, if we see markov context as a special case of parallel plate.
I guess that to use a markov contexted discrete sample site out of that context, you should use guide side sequential enumeration. By doing so i solved this error. Would you please tell me whether i’m right?