Questions about the "Dirichlet Process Mixture Models in Pyro" in the examples

Hi everyone
I have read the Dirichlet Process Mixture Models in Pyro section and I am little confused about the first example about inference. Below is the code and my questions.

def model(data):
    with pyro.plate("beta_plate", T-1):
        beta = pyro.sample("beta", Beta(1, alpha))

with pyro.plate("mu_plate", T):
        mu = pyro.sample("mu", MultivariateNormal(torch.zeros(2), 5 * torch.eye(2)))

with pyro.plate("data", N):
        z = pyro.sample("z", Categorical(mix_weights(beta)))
        pyro.sample("obs", MultivariateNormal(mu[z], torch.eye(2)), obs=data)
def guide(data):
    kappa = pyro.param('kappa', lambda: Uniform(0, 2).sample([T-1]), constraint=constraints.positive)
    tau = pyro.param('tau', lambda: MultivariateNormal(torch.zeros(2), 3 * torch.eye(2)).sample([T]))
    phi = pyro.param('phi', lambda: Dirichlet(1/T * torch.ones(T)).sample([N]), constraint=constraints.simplex)

with pyro.plate("beta_plate", T-1):
        q_beta = pyro.sample("beta", Beta(torch.ones(T-1), kappa))

with pyro.plate("mu_plate", T):
        q_mu = pyro.sample("mu", MultivariateNormal(tau, torch.eye(2)))

with pyro.plate("data", N):
        z = pyro.sample("z", Categorical(phi))

T = 6
optim = Adam({"lr": 0.05})
svi = SVI(model, guide, optim, loss=Trace_ELBO())
losses = []

def train(num_iterations):
    pyro.clear_param_store()
    for j in tqdm(range(num_iterations)):
        loss = svi.step(data)
        losses.append(loss)

def truncate(alpha, centers, weights):
    threshold = alpha**-1 / 100.
    true_centers = centers[weights > threshold]
    true_weights = weights[weights > threshold] / torch.sum(weights[weights > threshold])
    return true_centers, true_weights

alpha = 0.1
train(1000)

# We make a point-estimate of our model parameters using the posterior means of tau and phi for the centers and weights
Bayes_Centers_01, Bayes_Weights_01 = truncate(alpha, pyro.param("tau").detach(), torch.mean(pyro.param("phi").detach(), dim=0))

alpha = 1.5
train(1000)

# We make a point-estimate of our model parameters using the posterior means of tau and phi for the centers and weights
Bayes_Centers_15, Bayes_Weights_15 = truncate(alpha, pyro.param("tau").detach(), torch.mean(pyro.param("phi").detach(), dim=0))

plt.figure(figsize=(15, 5))
plt.subplot(1, 2, 1)
plt.scatter(data[:, 0], data[:, 1], color="blue")
plt.scatter(Bayes_Centers_01[:, 0], Bayes_Centers_01[:, 1], color="red")

plt.subplot(1, 2, 2)
plt.scatter(data[:, 0], data[:, 1], color="blue")
plt.scatter(Bayes_Centers_15[:, 0], Bayes_Centers_15[:, 1], color="red")
plt.tight_layout()
plt.show()

The questions are

1. If I understand correctly, the base distribution here is MultivariateNormal(torch.zeros(2), 5 * torch.eye(2)), the sampled elements from base distribution which constitutes the G is mu and the corresponding weight is beta. However tau is taken as the mean when plots the cluster center, I wonder if it is correct to use mu as the cluster center since the data is sampled from the distribution which is parameterized with mu.
  2. In the guide function, it seems we generate a list of tau, and this action will cause q_mu being sampled from different base distributions. Should it be a single vector like tensor(1,1), thus we can sample all q_mu from the same base distribution in each iteration?

Very appreciate your help!